Get your booster dose now. It is given to all the health workers and frontline workers. It will be given after 9 months from the date of 2nd dose vaccination. People who are eligible for booster dose are
(1) Health care and front-line workers
(2) People aged 60 years and above with co-morbidities.
– Booster dose vaccination for eligible candidates will begin from 10th January, 2022.
– People eligible for booster dose need NOT register on co-win app.
– People aged 60 years and above with co-morbidity need not produce any certification
from a doctor at the time of administration for Covid-19 booster dose.
– Booster dose is administered for eligible candidates who have completed 9 months, that is
39 weeks from the day of administration of second dose.
– Booster dose will be same as the last two doses, that is, no cross vaccination or mix of
vaccines will be allowed.
– Eligible candidates for booster dose need to produce vaccination certificate of the second
dose to get the third dose.
Keeping in view the recent global surge of COVID-19 cases, detection of Omicron variant which has been categorized as a Variant of Concern (VOC), scientific evidence, global practices and the inputs/suggestions of ‘COVID-19 Working Group of National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI)’ as well as of ‘Standing Technical Scientific Committee (STSC)’ of NTAGI it has now been decided to further refine the scientific prioritization & coverage of COVID-19 vaccination as follows:
1. COVID-19 vaccination of children in the age-group of 15-18 years to be started from 3rd January 2022. For such beneficiaries, vaccination option would be “Covaxin” only.
2. All those aged 15 years or more will be able to register on Co-WIN. In other words, all those whose birth year is 2007 or before, shall be eligible.
3. Beneficiaries can self-register, online through an existing account on Co-WIN or can also register by creating a new account through a unique mobile number, this facility is available for all eligible citizens presently.
4. Such beneficiaries can also be registered onsite by the verifier/vaccinator in facilitated registration mode.
5. Appointments can be booked online or onsite (walk-in).
6. For such beneficiaries, option for vaccination would only be available for Covaxin as this is the only vaccine with EUL for the age-group 15-18 years.
For more information Click here
Steps to register for vaccine
1. Visit https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/
2. Click Register/Sign In yourself
3. Enter your mobile number
4. Enter the OTP received via SMS
5. Select the photo ID proof you wish to submit
6. Enter your demographic details (best to keep it same as the Photo ID)
7. You can add up to 4 members using one mobile number
8. Select Schedule Now
9. Select Schedule Appointment
10. You will be asked to enter: Pincode
11. Click search to look for Vaccination Centers near you