The department of Oral medicine & Radiology is well equipped according to the Dental Council of India’s specifications.
Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology has :
- 15 dental chairs ( 8 chairs attachments and 7 chairs out attachments)
- Sufficient number of diagnostic instruments.
- Illuminated mouth mirror & probe.
- Intra oral camera
- Biopsy kit (incisional, exasional, FNAC, punch and brush biopsy kits)
- Pulp tester
- Neurosensory evaluation kits
- Emergency medical kits
- 2 Intra oral periapical X-ray units
- One orthopantamograph unit (OPG) digital compatibility
- One RVG (Radio Visiography)- Kodak trophy
- 2 Computers
- Well equipped dark room
- Automatic processor for Intra oral X-ray films
- X-ray film drier
- Viewers for bolts Intra oral and extra oral X-ray films
- Lead container for X-ray film storage
- 3 lead screens, 2 pairs of lead gloves, aprons & thyroid collars.
Strict asepsis is maintained using autoclane, sterilizer, cold sterilizators ( korsoles, Bacillol, Sterillium) and personal barrio techniques.